Monday 16 February 2009

Eye for a bargain

I did a swap today. My friend wanted a lift to the railway station, she's off on her holidays for three weeks, so she gave me some food out of her fridge which would have gone off by the time she got back. Good deal I thought, wouldn't it be a good idea if everyone did a bit of swapping now and then. Now let me see what else I can swap.

As I was already in town I called in the bank, checked in at the job centre and had a play on their computers, and had a scout round for some special offers on cat food.

I also went into Specsavers to check out the deals on offer for new specs, I am about ready to change mine. They have 30% off frames £75 or over, for people over 60, but it ends in April. I am 60 in May. They told me I might be eligible for a money off voucher from the Job Centre, so I need to check that out. If I can get the voucher they said I should come back and ask for the 30% discount and I would be able to get it. I think it might be worth asking around other optitions to see if anyone can better it.
Daily spend - £10.54 - cat food and litter, £5.87 - my food,
£1.89 - postage stamps

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.