Friday 10 April 2009

A bit of tinkering

I'm all excited, I've been doing a bit of tinkering, I can be a mischievous little imp sometimes. My friend has been on a bit of a downer, working hard and not getting much of a social life. It was her birthday recently and she got far fewer cards than she normally gets, due to the fact that her job and her college course have been taking up so much of her time. She hasn't been able to go out as much as she would have liked. As a single girl she also has not had time to meet a prospective gentleman friend if you see what I mean :-(

I have another friend who finds himself in the position of becoming single again, something he never expected to happen, a bolt out of the blue. He is coming to terms with his situation and is considering the possibility that there may be someone else out there for him.

You know what's coming next don't you? Yes my tinkering. I have fixed them up with a blind date for next week, and both of them are looking forward to it. Of course I shall be there to break the ice because I know them both, and I am as excited as they are.

A few years ago I started an introduction agency in my area, I ran it for three years and it was very successful. We had a social meet up every week, people made friends, went out with each other, moved in together, and some married each other. I loved making it all happen, it was a great feeling to see everyone enjoying themselves. When they came along for the first time they were very nervous, over the weeks I saw them blossom, their confidence grew and they got their social lives back. I remember the first wedding I went to, a lovely couple in their sixties, they were made for each other.

Now I can't get out of the habit of matchmaking, I do it all the time, the little cogs in my head keep turning, hmmmm, now who would they click with!
Daily spend - nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.