Sunday 17 May 2009

The best kind of friend

This is the only photograph I have of my birthday, I took my camera with me to the party but completely forgot about it because I was so busy doing my hostess bit. So this morning I put my party gear on and set my pressies out, yes I did get a few, some lovely flowers, choccies, necklace, bracelets, a couple of bottles, and Carol took the photo. I'm holding my bus pass :-)By the way, I had the most fabulous present from Carol, there's a big hamper in there packed with lots of lovely things to eat, bought from all the best shops. Carol often frequents Marks and Sparks for her food, in total contrast to my bargain hunting, so she had the good idea to get me some posh nosh. Now that's what I call a really usefull present.

Sadly Carol is now on her way back to Hampshire, we have been friends for 50 years, although we don't see each other that often we know the other is always going to be there, surely the best kind of friend to have.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous photo!! And yes, friends are what it is all about... where would we be without them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've had a happy birthday and a really enjoyable weekend & lots of good memories made. Loved the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have afriend like this also we became pals on starting secondary school 30 years ago and both have 2 boys who are similar ages and who also get on well together.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.