Saturday 30 May 2009

New toy to play with

I've got a new toy to play with, this is my birthday present,
from me to me :-)As you can see I have been finding out what it does, my practice piece shows the different stitches and sizes. I've also been trying to sew pieces on to the fabric, not sure what you call it, blimey, that's not as easy as it looks, going round corners is difficult. I definately need more practice. I was worried that the machine might go too fast and run away with me, but I have rectified that by using a naked right foot on the pedal.

It will take me a while to get used to it, it's nothing like the old fashioned treadle machine I used as a teenager, but it will be interesting to try out all the functions. Don't hold your breath for some masterpiece to appear just yet, while the sun's shining I will be outside, the sewing will fit in nicely on rainy days.

2 comments:

  1. Its called applique and its not easy, keep practicing and you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it might be, Silversewer, I've seen it at craft fairs, mostly on handbags, thought I might have a go.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.