Sunday 28 June 2009

Big plate of veg

My dinners keep getting bigger and bigger, sometimes I can only just fit it on the plate. What starts of as a few potatoes and onions, ends up a massive pile of veg falling off the edge, I just don't know when to stop. This is what I have just eaten.

Potatoes, lettuce, and mangetout peas out of the garden. Reduced price out of date tomatoes, sweetcorn out of the freezer, and shop bought onions, all steamed in one pan, except the lettuce of course. Drizzled with Toasted Sesame Seed Oil, scrumptious. This is typical of my meal most nights, for anyone watching their weight you can eat as much of this as you like. I find it no effort at all to keep my weight down because I just love my big plates of veg.

Another plus side is that it goes through you pretty quickly, you don't get that bloated feeling...like I did when I had the afternoon tea, definately won't do that very often. Processed food stays in your body far too long, it clogs up your arteries, makes fatty deposits around your organs then they can't function properly. I feel sluggish when I can't get enough veg, feel tired and sick if I eat the wrong things. When I'm on holiday I can't wait to get back and get my normal food, and of course this is a very frugal meal, a win win situation.

2 comments:

  1. As always I enjoy your blog and seeing where you've been. I have a shop on etsy.com and ran across this unique item tonight which reminded me of your zipper projects. I thought you might enjoy seeing what another crafter did with zippers. here's the link http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26616887&ref=fp_feat_8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that link, very interesting, I wouldn't have thought of taking the zip apart. I wondered how they had been joined at the back of the jar, there is a photo, the ends have been trimmed. I am not sure if the zips have been stuck together with glue, or stitched, or if it can be easily removed from the jar? I might experiment with this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.