Friday 10 July 2009

Full life

I was hoping for a day out today, but it's my fault it didn't materialise, I should have gone out early. Instead I was looking for some info on the computer and the phone rang. It was a factory we had picked up some scrap from a couple of weeks ago, they said they had some cardboard tubes and could we come an collect them. I thought I had better go because if they think we are not bothered they might not save stuff for us again.

They were like huge, very thick, toilet roll middles, all different sizes. The tyres started to look a bit squashy on the back because of the weight, so I thought I would only take half of what they had and promised to go back next week for the rest.

After unloading them at the Scrapstore I went round to my tyre place to get them checked out, they told me in January that one on the back was getting towards the end of it's life, the tread being a bit low. He got his gauge out and declared they were all legal, so I got him to check the pressures. He said come back in a couple of months.

By now it was lunchtime so it wasn't worth setting off anywhere with half the day gone, so after a sandwich, I set about taking some pallets apart that I have stored in my garage. I don't know what it is with me and pallets, if I see some good quality clean ones at the back of Wicks I can't drive by, I have to pick them up. They said any that are on the grass verge are free to anyone who wants them. I want to make something with them but not sure what yet.

I don't think I am going to get a day out till next Friday now, I've something to do tomorrow and Sunday, and every day next week. Oh what a full life I have:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.