Friday 22 January 2010

Would you like to meet my fella.

I'd like to introduce you to my fella, aha, you didn't think I had one did you? Well I was keeping him a secret, in case anyone else made a play for him, I am the jealous type you know. He has been my fella for a couple of years now, we don't actually 'walk out' together, he is a little shy you see.

We met in the High Street, I remember it well. I was busy rummaging in my bag for my purse, which inevitably is always at the bottom. I always panic when I cant find it straight away, oh my God, I'll have to cancel the cards. Saved once again, my fingers found the small purse, I really must get a bigger one then I wouldn't have these panic moments.

I walked towards the automatic doors of the shopping centre, and the most handsomest hunk caught my eye. My heart missed a beat and I blushed, was he looking at me? He was lurking in Burtons Menswear window, a shop I never usually give a second glance to. I looked away and took a few steps, I turned and looked back over my shoulder, he was still looking. I hurried on towards Woolworths and thought no more about it.

The following week I was in the town again, and wondered if the hunk would be there. I turned the corner, this time my eyes were searching the shop window. Yes, my heart was by now missing several beats when I saw that he was looking right at me. I walked on a few steps and as I walked I noticed that his eyes were following me. I hadn't the nerve to enter the shop, and went on my way.

This happened for three or four weeks, he was watching me every time I passed. Then I could stand it no longer, I had to go in the shop. There were several sales assistants tidying the clothes rails, I approached the cash desk and felt a little bit silly. A nice young lady asked if she could help. It's now or never I thought, here goes. 'You know that huge poster you have in the window of a rather dishy man wearing a green sweatshirt, I would like to take him home with me. Can I have him when you have finished with him?'

She smiled and said, 'yes, he is rather nice isn't he. You can have him in a couple of weeks when we change the window display, I will save him for you'. So here is my fella, he is in my hallway and smiles at me every time I walk by. Isn't he gorgeous?
Now now, hands off, I found him first :-)

7 comments:

  1. Nice but not as tasty as the ex sas guy Chris Ryan. I'd make a fool of myself with that man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you really had me going there, I thought it was for real.
    I read it out to my husband and you gave us a good laugh.
    thanks for that.
    Briony

    ReplyDelete
  3. its Jambo from holly oaks!

    he is a dish isnt he

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two pints of Lager and a packet of crisps please! was the first place he was on TV - a very very funny character and yes - you had me going too. Loved the stuff about the scrap store, we have one in Liskeard too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your taste, yum! Will Mellor is his name. Happily married with a young child I understand - Shucks! qwiksave (a new follower of your interesting blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar experience in the middle of nowhere in India, how lucky was I to walk onto the set of Sharpe and get some lovely photos of a really rugged uniformed DIRTY Sean Bean (oops getting carried away)!
    Well done for having the bottle to go and ask, I always wanted one of those card board cutouts of Daniel Craig as James Bond but didn't ask.
    Its a case of if you don't ask - you don't get!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly tracey. The moral of the story is if you don't ask you don't get. So put your shyness aside and go for it.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.