Wednesday 14 July 2010

Sweats V Tees

I don't believe it another bag, before breakfast, I need therapy ;-O


This one is made out of a teeshirt. I used the sleeves for the handles, there is very little left of the teeshirt now, just the seams and the neckline. Although this would do the job of carrying shopping, I think the sweatshirts make a more robust bag which would last ten times longer than this one. The beauty of them is they can be chucked in the washing machine along with all the other dirty clothes.

I have seen pictures of Morsbags which have been made out of rather lightweight girly fabric. Although they look very attractive, I think for a shopping bag you need something that can be stuffed full of lumpy items and thrown in the back of a car.

The only drawback I can see with the sweatshirt bags is that they might stretch a little. I need to give one to someone who will do a test drive for me. I don't do enough shopping to do it myself, it would take me six months before I got a result. I will give one to a friend and ask her to use it every week and see how she gets on with it.

4 comments:

  1. If you use a non stretch lining a bag made from a sweatshirt fabric should not stretch, you will need to put some sort of stabilizer in the handles and stay stitch them, then they should not stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blime, another one! They`re gonna call you `Bag Lady', next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant, your recycling talents never end!!
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for that suggestion silversewer, I will try it.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.