Sunday 1 August 2010

Itchy feet again

Thank goodness that job's done, two loads of cat hairs in the bin, I hate housework. I find the Dyson doesn't get them all up when it's in the upright position, and if you use the attachment on the hose that doesn't work very well either. So I get a piece of old towel, wet it and wring it out, then get down on my hands and knees and wipe the carpet with one hand which gathers the hairs in a bundle, then suck up them up with the nozzle in the other. Very laborious but it works.

Anyway, I've just popped back to let you know I am off walkabout again tomorrow morning. I've saved up my pennies and find I can afford two nights in Thorney How Youth Hostel near Grasmere in the Lake District. This hostel is the first one bought by the YHA, in 1931, it's an old farmhouse, and looks fabulous. I shall be doing my own cooking, so for £32, plus my diesel costs I shall have a three day holiday. I will be meeting up with some members of the Walking Forum on Tuesday for a trek up the mountains, and maybe I shall see them in the pub on Monday night as well for a drink, I think I can afford a shandy ;0) Behave yourselves while I am away, no stopping up late, ha ha, my mum used to say that. We always did.

4 comments:

  1. You stop up late if you like, you`re old enough now, lol. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly my method for getting my own hair off the en suite floor! It aint nice maybe but it's more effective than any other way for removing hair from carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me - Grasmere's lovely. You have a splendid time!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.