Friday 19 August 2011

53 miles and a couple of bargains

That's my five days walking done and dusted. I got the bus into town today, and walked the five miles back, not much I know but I only wanted to reach my target of 50 miles, which I have done, plus 3. I won't be doing that much every week, I am too busy and can't spare the time, but I need to get into some kind of exercise routine. Perhaps I should start power walking up and down the hill again, I haven't done it for a while.

I paid my credit card bill at the bank. I always post a cheque into the box inside the bank. It was a bigee because it had three hotel costs on it from the long walk, but it was paid in full as usual. I also had an hour in the library reading all the magazines for free.

Because I was walking home I couldn't buy very much. I didn't intend to buy anything at all but these were too good to miss. We have a market stall which has cheap food, it's part of Barnes Cash and Carry which I sometimes call in on the way home. I like these Flapjacks as a filler if I get hungry while out, sometimes I buy them from Holland and Barrett at 75p each. These are six for £1 which makes them 17p each. A bargain, and they aren't out of date till December.

I have been looking for a fleece body warmer for ages, and today I found one in the Scope charity shop. It was £4, but reduced to £2 on the Sale rail. It will come in very handy when it gets a bit colder. I'm pleased with my bargains.


I've just eaten my dinner which was the same as yesterday, only bigger. Now I'm stuffed. Toodle pip, catch you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. You always seem to be busy anyway Ilona, I'm sure you keep fit without doing extra exercise. Well done finding those bargains.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.