Sunday 8 December 2013

Come into my boudoir

Aye up me ducks, a man with a white beard dropped by last night, a Mr Claus I believe his name is. He pulled up right outside my house so I gave him a wave. He didn't have time to come in and was soon on his way. The street was filled with Christmas music, and his little helpers were running about with buckets collecting money for local good causes. The Rotary Club do this every year around the villages, and the kids love it.
Here is a peek at the latest patchwork thingy, using up all the bits. There are four 24inch blocks here, not yet joined together, that will be the next job. I think I'm going to have to carry on and make more, it's not big enough yet. I'm just wondering if I can carry my sewing machine to the craft club tomorrow so I can start on another block. If not I'll have to find something else to take. It's got a carrying handle and it's not too heavy, might try that.

Sandie and annie asked to see the new curtains, with the quilt and rag rug together. Very difficult to get all of it in the one photo, but I think you get the idea from this. I woke up this morning feeling cheerful, it's amazing what a splash of colour can do.

I did a quick dash to Tesco at 3pm today. Not that I needed any food, but to get some chicken, and some posh cat food for Bugsy. The greatest cat in the world, my dear beloved Bugsy is not very well. He didn't eat anything this morning, pushed his food around the dish, and went back to bed. I eventually got him to eat something just before I went out. I need to monitor him now over the next few days. He is not a happy chappie, I fear the outcome will not be good.

I did manage to bag some yellow stickers while I was there. Loads of salady stuff, spinach 10p, lettuce10p, couscous 35p, pasta 13p, and dips 22p, and fresh pineapple 10p. I already had cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli, bought at Asda on Friday. My dinner tonight, steamed veg and couscous. Mighty nice.

Did you see the sunset tonight? I pulled in at a good high spot to watch it, on the way back from Tesco, wasn't it just glorious. I had only been there two minutes when a car pulled up alongside me. The local bobbies had stopped to see why I was parked there. I opened my window and called across to them, look at that wonderful sunset. They agreed, it was nice. I wondered how old they were, one male one female, only looked about 15 years old. I was bloomin annoyed that I didn't have my camera with me. I was cursing. If it happens again tomorrow night I'm going to get in my car and go back to that same spot. With the lights of the industrial estate in the foreground, and the wind turbines in the background, it was an amazing sight. Talking of turbines, they seem to springing up all around us here. I didn't realise we were going to get that many. Shows how much notice I take of the local press.
That's it for now. Don't get your knickers in a twist over Christmas, just forget about it. It's only one day, it will soon pass. Toodle pip.

26 comments:

  1. Danneke here, I do hope Bugsy picks up Ilona, like you I do not like to see animals off colour. Maybe the chicken bits would tempt him. My (well I feed them) ferral cats are looking good now with winter coats looking thick, the big fluffy female sits under the privet hedge where she has made a flat area and waits for the food going out now, thats a huge improvement to what she was like. The male cat which arrived with her still comes to feed but mainly when its dark, he sits under the garden table , they no longer scoot off when I open the door. The small black cat is getting friendly and did let me stroke him slightly and 2 black/white cats short haired are also getting a bit more friendly. Your dinner looks good, I love cous=cous. I had steamed veggies with a cheese sauce today with the last piece of my home baked date/walnut cake. Your bedroom looks good by the way, you have achieved a lot with all the new things you have made from recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've also noticed some of the policemen and women look like they should be in school uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunset was amazing wasn't it? Pink and turquoise then darker blue and purple, stunning colours, almost as bright as your curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patchwork is looking great, very colourful. I saw that amazing sunset too - I've just added a couple of photos to my blog in a collage but plan to post some more individually when I have chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ilona, your bedroom looks fabulous. I've been very unwell these last couple of weeks but due to extreme work overload I've been unable to take the the time off work. So I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself, but your lovely quilting and curtains and rug have really cheered me up! As u have probably gathered from previous posts from me I'm such an admirer of your quilting! It's an ambition for me to have one-maybe made by me! Thanks,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The answer to the sewing machine is one of those little metal fold up luggage trolleys , everyone has posh luggage these days so they cost pennies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how colorful and cheerful you have made your bedroom look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to Bugsy. Your bedroom with curtains, quilt and rag rug look fantastic.
    Dianne - Hereford

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bedroom looks lovely!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have a rolling suitcase that will fit your sewing machine, put it in that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best of luck with Bugsy, fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Bugsy gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be keeping a good thought for Bugsy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending lots of love to beautiful Bugsy - get well soon little man. xxx

    Val in Lancashire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bedroom, and love to Bugsy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear Bugsy isn't too well :o( Hope he picks up x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear Bugsy isn't too well :o( Hope he picks up x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please give Bugsy a cuddle and a kiss from me.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your room looks wonderful, very bright & cheerful!
    You do great work!
    Hope your Bugsy improves, quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Christmas just one day?? You know that, and I know that, but try explaining it to the rest of the bloody world! I hope Bugsy is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please keep us posted on Bugsy, so many of us are wishing him ( and you) well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bedroom is smashing, just what the doctor ordered to keep cheerful, lots of colour.
    I do hope Bugsy is going to be okay, its such a worry when they are unwell, keep us updated.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello again- Do hope Bugsy will be OK . Sorry had to be anon yesterday. Lack of computer skills.didn't know which knob to press on select profile. Have attempted to comment before but just don't knowhow(B useles at this game) jac.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope little Bugsy will be okay....I am sure with your TLC he will be fine............fingers crossed. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  25. Get well soon Bugsy, and you are right about Christmas, anything with expectations that high can never live up to the hype, and people get disappointed, but it's just another day, and it will come and go, thank goodness! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gosh your room looks lovely, nice and cheerful, just what's needed at this gloomy time of year.

    Yes, that sunset was beautiful wasn't it, we were lucky enough to be driving home then so were able to watch it in all it's glory all along the motorway.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.