Friday 13 December 2013

Designer bag that cost nothing

Here's a little something I've thrown together, the denim bag is finished. It measures 16" wide, 17" long, and has two longish handles that can be hooked over the shoulder.
I wasn't sure where to place the embellishments, I decided to put them on one side rather than spread them all over. The colours look far more vibrant than is shown on the photograph, it doesn't look like a pizza in real life, ha ha.

It has a lighter blue lining with pale blue flowers. There is no fastening, I decided not to bother, it doesn't need it if it isn't filled to the top.

It has kept me busy today, I thought I might have difficulty getting the needle to sew through four layers of the heavy denim, but the machine coped with it, no bother.

Now, who would like it, my Christmas present to a lucky winner. Please leave a comment, the deadline is 6pm on Sunday. It is open to anyone in the UK, you don't have to join anything, or sign up to anything. Apologies to my overseas readers, I cannot afford postage costs to the rest of the world at this time. I have my car insurance and road tax to pay at the end of the month, have to be a bit careful with spending. Sorry.

Bugsy update. The old boy seems to have picked up a bit, since feeding his face on chicken and posh cat food. No more sick or runny poo's. Now he has a taste for nice food, I'm going to have to spend a little more on him. Still, he is my bestest friend, and cats rule in this house. Thank you all for your good wishes.
Have a nice weekend. Toodle pip.

24 comments:

  1. So pleased to hear Bugsy is still improving, sounds like he is becoming a gourmet pussycat these days.
    Congrats on the bag, I was looking forward to seeing how it turned out. Would love to win it, please add me to the list!!
    (written on the sofa with 3 cats trying to squeeze me off it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm not commenting to enter the contest since I live in USA, but I have to say I love that bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is lovely, Ilona. You are so inventive with your designs, using up scraps and recycling materials. I'm glad Bugsy is a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats certainly do rule. Tailor (my home-rule cat) sends his best wishes.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    What a lovely bag. I would love to be entered into your draw.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to win this, it would be great for carrying my swimming gear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag is just gorgeous Ilona, not commenting to enter the competition because I live in Australia.

    Just wanted to let you know that I admire your creative skills. : )

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bag, also your blog, if I don't win, I will still read your bling everyday, lev I thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry should read I love your bag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous bag Ilona. You have inspired me to try to make something along those lines. That will me busy over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad Bugsy is getting better. He has a very loving owner! I'm in the US so can't win the bag. Someone is going to be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad Bugsy is feeling better :)

    Love your bag and please enter me for the draw, but if I win please sell the bag on the Cat Charity stall you hold - that way the cats win :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing beats the beauty of a great design lovingly handmade. I am certain my two rescue kitties would also find its "inner beauty" a novel experience. Unfortunately, I cannot ask to take part in your generous giveaway as I live in Canada. Enjoy your Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bag. Please enter me into the draw Thank you.
    Good to hear that Bugsy is feeling better.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ilona, I'm glad your cat is feeling better. Mine has been under the weather lately too. She seemed to have a cold- she was sneezing! She is perkier since last night though. I'd love to try and win the bag- as u know I love your sewing and I'm cr*p at it myself!! Hehehe! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your bag - I'm the least crafty person in the world and can only dream of creating such things :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad Bugsy is doing well. Love the bag, what beautiful lining! Please put my name in the hat, I would be over the moon to win it. Thank you. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely bag. I love a bit of colour in my life cheers me up! What a great sense of achievement to know you made it from scraps might otherwise be thrown away. Love your blog try to catch up several times a week. All the best - frugality rules!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great bag love all your little makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely bag and brilliant blog I find it so inspiring. So glad Bugsy is getting better Many thanks Gill L

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab bag, Ilona! Please can you enter me into the draw? It would make a brilliant conversation piece re the virtues of recycling.

    Groatie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for entering. The prize draw is now closed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lov e the bag. You have given me great ideas. Live in Australia though so not fir me. X

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.