Sunday 29 December 2013

The aftermath

Good evening, I am back in Tightwad Towers and the pusscats were pleased to see me.  I left Hampshire just before Midday, after a morning walk with Carol to feed the ducks at a nearby pond. The journey was pretty much plain sailing, no not literally there was no rain ha ha. There was a bit of congestion around the Oxford ring road, where the local traffic hops on and off the main A34, but other than that no problems. I have been dead lucky with the weather, no storms, and no floods to drive through.

I have just had five days of living with central heating. Getting out of my hot car, and coming into a chilly house, after my body was getting acclimatised to warmth made me a bit shivery. I did put the heating on for half an hour just to warm it up a bit while I got changed into my usual indoor layers. It's off now, I don't want to be turning into softie.

I think I ought to do a detox, after all the food I have stuffed down my throat. Carol steams her veggies the same as I do, so I have had some super meals. Trouble is I have picked at all the Christmassy nibbles and snacks as well, though I didn't go overboard on the booze. I made a bottle of wine last four days by diluting it with lemonade. I'm going to hold off going shopping for a few days, until I use up some of the food in the cupboards and freezer. I need to get my stomach shrunk back to it's normal size after being bloated with cheesey biscuits and God knows what else.

So, it's life back to normal now, back to the sewing. Just remembered, craft club tomorrow. It will be nice to have a natter. Spose I ought to do some New Year Resolutions, I'll think about it, ought to have some kind of plan for 2014. Toodle pip.

13 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good journey back home after enjoying your time with Carol. Great to see what you've been up to. I know what you mean about feeling bloated. We have had a few days of "naughty but nice" food and drink too! Great for a few days but we are looking forward to getting back to "normal". Enjoy craft club tomorrow. We look forward to hearing of any New Year Resolutions you may make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about the stomach stretching. All this food stuffing is making me feel sluggish. I can't wait for the normality.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot to be said for getting back to normal. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've eaten more fat than usual...I usually eat only natural fats..so I'm stuffing my face with salad to feel tip top again!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I can't say that I stuffed my face with too many unhealthy foods, couldn't afford to buy them in the first place! Although my lovely niece bought me a cheese platter with my favourite cheeses on and some crackers for cheese.
    I'll probably get some 'yellow sticker stuff on thursday or friday when I go shopping.
    I think my 'plan' for 2014 is going to be much the same as this year!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good time away, it is always nice to be back home. We have come up to Edinburgh from south Hampshire so really notice the change in temperature, even a few degrees makes a difference. We set off on Friday but were held in traffic for most of the way to the midlands, so gave up and stayed there overnight instead of Blackpool as originally planned. It was much better by Saturday morning and still managed to meet up with step son and family which was lovely. I think we have all eaten too much this year, my family seem to have been so pleased to have us in the UK they bought a mountain of chocolate which we are managing to get through somehow. Most of the cheese and biscuits have gone now too, only the wine to drink (actually looking forward to a nice salad!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're back home safely, I can see you have had a fab holiday! I've started collecting pieces of fabric to begin to learn to quilt- I can't possibly be a bag winner on here and not be able to quilt can I?! I'll be going over all your quoting posts as I begin to accumalate a stash. I'm not envisaging a stunning quilt by the end of 2014 but atleast I can say I've tried!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm feeling smug - I have only eaten one chocolate this Christmas. I had one small portion of Christmas pudding on Boxing day. Went into T**co and scooped lots of fruit and veg on yellow stickers so we're eating really well. This is the first Christmas I honestly don't feel sluggish and ill.

    I'm so pleased that you had a lovely break and got home safely.

    How about making a New year's resolution to start watching your money Ilona? Ha ha!! My new year's resolution, now that we're debt free, is to start reducing the mortgage as fast as possible and increase savings and pension.

    ReplyDelete
  10. who looks after your cats, while you are away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. My cat sitter and very good friend. She has seven cats of her own so she knows exactly what is required.

      Delete
  11. So pleased you had a good journey home today, I think there will be a lot of yellow sticker items in the stores in the next few days, I think the stores have over stocked and with people being careful with money a lot of stuff is still sitting on the shelves. No doubt the homeless and food banks will benefit which is a good thing . I am just about to go to bed, its warmer under the duvet, and saves on fuel. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Danneke Oh nearly forgot, Hope everyone has a Happy, Joyous and Peaceful New Year in 2014 ##### Danneke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got home ok. Travelling at the right times makes all the difference, the M6 was a car park on friday afternoon.
    I dont make New Years resoloutions, i try to promise myself that i'll get some jobs around the house done or do something i fancy doing but the phone rings, i end up working and never get anything done. maybe this year will be different but i doubt it.
    I hope you get to do the things you plan.
    I've no chance, i'll be 68 when i retire.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.