Saturday 7 June 2014

It did rain on our parade.

There's not a lot I can say about today, except, what a washout. The outdoor fete was cancelled at 9am, it started raining, and continued to rain for most of the day. I spent time in church, in attendance to meet and greet visitors there, of which there weren't many. I can't blame people for not venturing out, best place to be was indoors. Even my efforts at making big, 'Church Open' boards out of old paste tables and standing them in prominent positions outside the church gates, was not enough to bring people in. There was hardly any  people about to see them.

We have a second chance tomorrow. Because it is a two day event, the stall holders who couldn't set their stalls out today have been invited to set up down at the bottom pub or the caravan park down the hill tomorrow. There are things going on on the river, boat rides, plus a hog roast, billed as a family day, so there should be a few folks about. We are going to give that a try, but it means loading the car up and going down there. The weather is forecast to be better. In fact the chuffin sun is out now and it's really warm outside, at ten minutes to eight. This weather doesn't make sense at all. I hope it's better where you are and you have a nice Sunday. Toodle pip.

PS. Did you know George Clarke's Amazing Spaces is back. Take a look at it here. The gorgeous William is with him again. I've just watched the first episode, it's on a Thursday night on Chanel 4.

PPS. We re-homed another cat this week. One that has been with us for a while. We have also taken in one that has been abandoned, found hanging around a housing estate, the owners are thought to have moved away. The poor cat is scrawny thin with a dirty coat, and has a poorly eye. Thankfully with some vet treatment it is getting better.
Toodle pip again.

17 comments:

  1. Oh what a shame and very annoying after all the hard work. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have better luck weather wise tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on the George Clarke series, I really enjoyed the first two. (Sorry I can't share your enthusiasm for William though, gorgeous though he undoubtedly is, I'm afraid I find his voice grates on me!) Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm sorry, such a shame but its just a day, plenty of other opportunities. Tomorrow's another day. Glad to hear about the cat being re-homed poor little thing. Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame, good luck for tomorrow. Twiglet loves the George Clarke programme, he saw a trailer for it the other day and has requested we record it for him :)
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame about the weather - it can never be trusted to be kind when you have all gone to so much effort.
    I live on the other side of the world in Western Australia but originate from Sussex in the south of England. I just loved the photo's you posted of your fete, especially your table. You have some great original ideas. I would have braved the rain if I had been there.
    I love your blog, please keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news about the re homing, I have one little darling that's been here a year now and one that's been here a few months. People are thinking about holidays not adoption and when they do they usually want a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shame about yesterday's weather. Hope you have better luck today. It rained all through our Gala parade.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, what a damned shame - all that preparation you put in too. If it's any consolation (and I'm sure it isn't!) it was horrible in the NW yesterday too.
    My fingers are crossed for your Day 2, the weather sounds like it will be much better.
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are lucky today...the sun is out here...but the clouds are rolling in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary in Perth Australia8 June 2014 at 11:14

    How frustrating and such a shame for everyone. I have my fingers crossed for today. If it's any consolation, it's cold and showery in Perth :)
    Great news about rehoming the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good work on the cats, Ilona! Sorry about the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope today is better weather wise....we had a "good Old Days event here and had a downpour early morning but no rain for the rest of the day...lucky. I could no more go off and leave an animal behind than I could a child. People are so cruel sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fingers crossed for a better day today..poor puss cat,but he's in the right hands now.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi hun, sorry to hear about your weather - we have had roasting weather today and tomorrow for us its heavy rain and thunderstorms! Lets hope that our good weather moves up to you:) *Thank you* for your inspiration for making your own bag. I watched the tutorial and gave it ago making it from old curtain material - I get a cheap *job lot* from Abakhan. I lined it but made one mistake - one handle is slightly longer than the other but its not a bad job and will improve the more I make! *Hugs* Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear the weather was so bad for your village fete; I hope it's better tomorrow. We've had glorious sunshine here after a wet start early on and temperatures have been around 20. Wish I could have sent some of the sunshine your way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear it was a wash out hun. I hope today has been better for you all.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  17. British weather eh .... we can always rely on it to do exactly what we don't want it to do :-(

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.