Thursday 31 July 2014

A sneaky look :o)

Hello. I thought I would take a day off yesterday, to give you chance to catch up, ha ha. No, that's an excuse. I am busy with the picture, and when I have my creative head on I have to stick with it. I need time to unscramble the ideas I have, to look at the picture as it is emerging, to rearrange the pieces I have decided to put on it, and try new ideas as they come into my head. Then step back and wait. Walk away from it. Go back to it. Study it, what colours does it need? What is missing? Is it too cluttered? Lots to think about.
A couple of pictures? Oh go on then. I have cut this shape from a piece of upholstery fabric, now I am embellishing it. I sealed the edges by applying PVA glue with a paintbrush, this stops it from fraying. 
This piece is still not finished, more to add to it. The darker beads are aquamarine colour, not come out very well in the photo. 
Oooops, sorry, you didn't want to see them, did you. Never mind, just pretend you didn't look. Please excuse me while I get on. Stomach is rumbling, need to eat, then back to the stitching. Will take a day off from this tomorrow, other things to do. So for now, Toodle pip.

15 comments:

  1. ha thanks for the pictures! Love seeing what you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog on someone's blog list and the appeal of your blog title drew me for a visit! You have a lot of good information here. Also have to say that your beaded piece is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Leigh. Glad you have dropped in.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the whole thing. It is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a hundred years I would probably never have thought of making a picture using the back of upholstery fabric, very clever and looking VERY good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,nice to see the artwork and progress.Am glad that you take time away from your blog and go with your creative instincts.Getting highly focused and working on something you love to do is very much a priority.I'm amazed that you do all you do and still devote time to your blog as well.It never seems slap-dash even if it was!ha,ha.Regards,Destemona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danneke here, ........ Ilona, Sainsburys have all the soya, coconut,almond and other milks on offer for £1 a carton, noticed this morning when I got my box of long life, it had been reduced for a box of 6 cartons and was now £4 buying it singularly was a lot more money. .......Looking forward to seeing the finished art work, it looks interesting so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that Danneke. I'll have a look.

      Delete
  7. It's amazing already and going to be more so! Smart you! Can't wait to see the unveiling. You have a fantastic artistic side Miss Ilona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this so much you clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh Ilona - you are awful!!!! Keeping us in suspenders like this!! When are you going to show us the finished object. It looks fascinating. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. I can't wait to see the finished item.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.