Friday 10 April 2015

The plan is in my head

Hello. Hope it's been warm where you are, unless you are in the middle of winter. It's been hot here, so another outdoor day. Four raised beds dug over and seeds sown. Broad beans, runner beans, and mangetout peas. Two raised beds waiting for the courgettes when they come, seeds planted in pots. I am a bit late in buying my seed potatoes, must get some tomorrow. There are three beds waiting for those. 
All the paraphernalia on the top is to keep the cats off. The plastic trellis pieces are from the £1 shop, I bought them a few years back. They are very handy and the plastic has not deteriorated, so a good buy.

Making a start on the summerhouse. Those two large pallets are very heavy, I got them a few months back from a house renovation next to the pub car park. Recovered from a skip, ha ha. I've added a smaller pallet to it. I'm not sure whether to take out the raised bed just there to make it bigger. It's one of three and will easily come out if I can be bothered. The slabs will need re arranging and I have some more to fill the gap. The plan is to screw the doors to the inside and fill in the gaps with timber if they don't fit. I'll probably screw some extra slats to the outside, I have plenty of spare wood. I haven't measured anything. It's not going to be a posh affair, just somewhere to sit in the sun.

I'm about ready for bed now after all that physical activity, better than a workout at the gym, ha ha. Mind you the bottle of raspberry cider could be the reason I am feeling sleepy.
Have a nice weekend. Toodle pip

15 comments:

  1. Oh, my what are you going to attempt next? Always so entertaining to see what you are up to my friend. Have a good weekend, and don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilona, do you grow enough produce to eat during the growing season or do you also can or freeze produce for winter?

    Your summer house is coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara. I sometimes have too many runner beans, so I freeze some of those. But mostly I can keep up with everything I grow by eating them every day.

      Delete
  3. Hi.You have been productive! I admit to being very envious of your weather and garden,and feel like a slug today.Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.We have had pelting rainy stormy weather here with power lines down in some areas due to high winds.(grumble)We in Ontario don't usually plant outside until after May 18th. weekend because that's when all danger of frost is hypothetically over.You have begun on your new summerhouse.Yay!I look forward to the project of yours.Oh,by the way, my hubby is a journeyman carpenter/contractor so please feel free to ask away...What with this and your next trip coming up in the future you are a busy bee.Bye for now, D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your beans and peas from please? Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nat. Some I bought from a shop, (usually the cheapest), some were given to me, and some were from my own last years crop.

      Delete
  5. Wow! It's taking shape. I can't wait to see what it will look like finished. Very clever idea! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. its surprising how big you can build with pallets..and how quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi thanks for that - Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from your newest follower. I can't wait to see the finished part of the summerhouse you call it with the pallets. I love seeing anything made from such simple items.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh plastic trellis - Brilliant idea! Had to give up veg beds due to too many cats being
    interested! And 3 of them were mine - ungrateful creatures! I grow in pots now but
    not as big a harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed by your garden ideas. Do keep posting please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I post almost every day, unless I am too busy or there is nothing in my head :o)

      Delete
  11. I am going to try your trellis covers idea for my planting beds! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.