Sunday 2 October 2016

Car boot bargains

Hello again. I found a few bits and bobs at the car boot sale. Some new projects for me to play around with. This mirror frame looks a bit scruffy but no worries, I will tart it up. It was a bargain at 30p. I might take the mirror out and put a picture in it. 
You'll never guess how much this table lamp was, it's smaller than the brown one and the shade is a bit battered. The woman was starting to pack up and she was putting things in a big box with a label on saying everything 10p. Yep, it was 10p, and it's got a bulb in it and working. I will give it a makeover.

Another 10p bargain. Curtain rings. Not sure what I will do with them but there will be something.

Anyone for tennis? No, I am not going to take up a new sport. £1 for this. I fancy weaving something through the mesh, maybe make a picture.

Heaven knows what these are, but they are solid wood and heavy. £1 for four. I'll think of something. 
Cute and colourful beads, you can never have too many of them. 50p for these.

I've got plenty of projects to keep me going now.

Thank you to those who have sent in their mileage for the walking challenge. We only have three months left to do. Some have already passed the 1000 miles, so well done. You can decide if you want to stop now, or carry on to the end of the year. I am off on another walkabout soon, so I'll get some more miles in there.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

14 comments:

  1. They are the feet for a sofa as we have some very similar. Hope you are well. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ilona,
    I've not done so well this month so my total to the end of September is 762 miles. I will need to do extra in October to catch up.
    Hope your wart removal went well and it's not too sore. Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those beads, Ilona. They look like little candies. My mileage for September was 101 miles.
    I'll be getting even more now, as we adopted a black lab puppy last Saturday. He's wonderful!
    Lisa in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to an update on these things...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! So sorry, i completely forgot about the mileage. Mine is 59. Still walking when i'm not working days.
    Love the bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun finds. We walked 2.5 miles yesterday looking and photographing waterfalls in the Columbia River gorge area in Oregon. Had some up hill and downhill walking. Went well and a tad bit of raindrops. Lovely photos and time spent with Phil. We walked today after a big late lunch. Keep moving is the plan til we cannot do it which hopefully will be way off in neverland! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finds Ilona, look forward to what you do with the mirror and lamp, I have used curtain rings to frame little photos. The sun is shining here and I am of to Kew gardens shortly.
    Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, I love a bargain at a car boot sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute beads, look forward to seeing what you do with all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your walkabouts. Be sure to get a lot of pictures as always. I've walked 93 km in September. Not much but that's all I have time for at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ilona, I have some Christmas tree decorations with frames very similar to your curtain rings, backed with cardboard and felt glued on. Looks like you are going to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you can see potential in what other people would class as junk. I haven't got to many boot sales this year but just as well as I am trying to declutter!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dorset buttons from the curtain rings? My DD and I made some with cotton yarn and curtain rings a few years ago, they make lovely tree decorations at Christmas. http://www.craftstylish.com/item/42688/how-to-make-dorset-buttons/page/all

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with one other of your readers...the heavy wooden objects are the feet or legs as we call them, from a heavy piece of furniture, probably a sofa. Wouldn't they make awesome paperweights? Mary Jane in Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.