Wednesday 8 November 2017

Hoping to exhibit at Ferens Gallery

Hello. I've been to Hull today, to the Central Library, where a nice young lady helped me with listing my artworks on the Ferens Art Gallery site. I have applied to put these three pictures in the Open Exhibition which starts in February, through to March. 


I have chosen these because they are not as big as some of the others. If any are picked for the exhibition I will have to deliver them, and the gallery is in the centre of Hull with no parking at the front. According to the terms and conditions they have to have a certain type of frame to enable them to attach the plates at the back for fixing them to the wall. Some of my big pictures don't have conventional frames.

Applying to a gallery is not as easy as you think. The online process is a bit complicated. That's why they were offering assistance to anyone that is not familiar with it. I asked the young lady if anyone else was as hopeless as me. She said someone had actually taken their canvas along with them and she had to use her ipad to photograph it. It says on the instructions not to take your work, but to take  photographs of it.

I took my camera with me, but told her I had also put them on my blog. She got the blog on the screen and took them from there.  Now I have to wait and see if any are chosen by the judges. They must get hundreds of entries so they have got a job on their hands to pick the ones they want.

I had already had a quick look around the Ferens Gallery when I arrived, the contenders for the Turner Prize are on display. I must say I thought it was all a load of baloney, a lot of it looked like it was made by a childrens playgroup. It didn't make sense to me.

It was dark by the time I came out of the library so I decided to go straight back to the bus station. Luckily a bus arrived within five minutes, but we crawled through the heavy traffic out of Hull. Over the bridge to the quiet roads of North Lincolnshire.

Now I have to do my walk. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

21 comments:

  1. Hope that you are safe on your walk Ilona.and i know that is a nightmare on buses that time of night.Debi,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful, Ilona - do hope they are chosen. Good luck! Annie(Glos.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Ilona. Your artwork is so colourful and always makes me smile. I do hope they choose at least one of these for the open exhibition.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the exhibition. So long as your work is hangable you should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting Ilona-what a great experience.Your art looks great and a collection of a theme.I think the guidelines for accepting art sounds similar to the TV programme I've seen about The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition.Someone I meet dog walking was going last Wednesday ,I'm keen to ask her how she got on x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes Ilona!!,Hope that you get through,cause you deserve to!!,Debi,xx

      Delete
  6. wishing you every success in getting into the exhibition

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented and your work so unique I truly hope they recognize that and pick some of your art for exhibition. I love these - very very neat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your artwork; they are all beautiful, Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope your ART is chosen it is worthy of a place in the exhibition.

    Look forward to hearing yours are chosen.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all worthy of hanging in Ferens.Truly lovely work. Have to agree about some of the stuff they exhibit, haha. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These artworks are truly worthy of public exhibitions - let’s hope they are appreciated and accepted x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your textile pictures are so beautiful. I hope they get selected for the exhibition. I recognize the top and bottom works but not the middle one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be very surprised if you don't get in! Lovely work!
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your artwork is chosen too, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is great fun and I like the folkart feel of it.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures; I especially love the beach huts, so cheery and colourful. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Karen


    ReplyDelete
  17. These are lovely Ilona, hope they get chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.